So far it seems that there’s only room for one big social networking site on the internet. Facebook has proven king after beating out MySpace. Twitter is a social network, but not in the same way the others are. Twitter and Facebook can, for now, coexist. But can Google+ and Facebook do the same?
I find them very similar – friend lists or circles, status updates, photo sharing, etc., but Google+ does have its advantages:
- Users will find it easier to control what and how much they share because G+ doesn’t assume you want to share everything with everyone.
- Google already knows everything about us. Now, we have email, blogs, social networking and news all in one, instead of on various different sites. Users can even update G+ from Gmail.
- Video chat! And not just with one person.
- Photo editor. One that goes beyond Facebook’s crop function.
- Sparks – a news feed of sorts customized to the user’s interests.
- No games/game invitations…yet.